Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Friday, April 13, 2012

You don't need a PhD to write

Too damn right - you don't need a PhD to do a lot of things, yet everywhere you go they expect a piece of paper which 'proves' you have a brain. A piece of paper given to you by other people who had been given the same paper some years before. A piece of paper which tells other people that you 'know' something about something - which is a lie because most people cheat - oh yes they do. I went to a Philosophy exam the other year, about 50 people in the room. The teacher received a text on his phone (yeah, right), and left the room for a few minutes. The room exploded with opened books, piles of paper and cheat lists appearing from all places. Where was I? A piece of paper which...you get the gist. Continuation of a corrupt system.
Frank Zappa says it all in 'Dummy Up'.- "the college-degree is stuffed with absolutely nothing at all, you get . . . you get nothing with your college-degree . . ."
I've learnt a lot from college so far, and when I finally get that paper which represents my work, maybe I'll have a different viewpoint.

Also, just watched a bit of an 'academic' discussion on Shakespeare (Shaky-baby, the greatest friend to all writers, the greatest source of inspiration to all - in my opinion), can't wait to watch more. Though when that'll happen...Iambic pentameter, lovely. I'll have two, please, with an egg on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment