Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

5th review of 'Rage' on YouWriteOn.com

Just got my 5th review on YouWriteOn.com. This guy has given me my first 2-star for my setting of Atlantis, and so an overall score of 3.5, which I think is harsh from the good things he said about it. Just cutting out the good bits, as he has a problem with my Chapter length and the Atlantis setting. What people don't get is that they are not 'chapters' in my books but 'scenes in time', like a movie. Anyway, here are the good bits...

"I was drawn into for story from the very start. I like stories that just go right into the action and don’t dally on a descriptive ‘scene setting exercise’ to start."
"I’m warming to the protagonists well at this point – a little way in – and I like the pace and, so far, the structure of this piece. I wonder where it will go"
"I do like the pictures your have painted in my head...I like your narrative voice and most of the pace and structure."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment