Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Even more reviews on YouWriteOn.com

'Man by a tree' just received it's 4th review, therefore it now has a rating, someone gave it a 2 star in one place, I'll have to do something about that review later...mmm, story/plot in 'Man by a tree' takes a while to get going as it's a autobiographical/literary work, well, as far as that style acn accept it...

"Oh I wish! If only we could really have all the 'bad' people sent the other way. Although I was really getting into this story I found the second chapter needed reading a couple of times to clarify. Having said that I thought the humour came through well. I think that is not always easy to get across and I was put in mind of ' Hitchhikers Guide' the sample is setting up the scene for the rest of the book well. There isn't a lot to be critical about other than maybe clarifying 'He' a bit earlier, though I did like his name 'Graham Reader' nice play on words.
I may be mistaken but aren't Satan And Lucifer one and the same?
It may be a dark subject for a novel but the sardonic style lifts it nicely, and whilst it isn't my usual book choice I would be content to read more. Well done Dani."


'The Bethlehem Fiasco' got it's 3rd....
"Original and funny and has a good style overall. I would like to read the rest.
Good opening conflict in evidence in the first few lines, engaging reader's interest.
Consider appealing to senses more - sights, sounds, smell taste, etc. The places you did do this made it a more interesting read.
Your narrative, dialogue and action are extremely well interspersed - ideal.
Struggled a bit to identify with the characters but I think the pace and comic style are more important for this type of work - it works really well - I was chuckling out loud several times throughout.
You cut to the chase - its well edited.
The tension builds well when young Jesus starts to hear a voice in his head then has a full conversation. Building tension in a few more places like this will engage the reader even more.
Good conflict in narrative and dialogue ('cut yourself.'). Consider re-writing some of the dialogue in a few more places to be more indirect, less direct. Your direct dialogue style is funny but would benefit by being more indirect in places."



'Man by a tree' Rating after first 4 reviews....(3.59)
Characters
Story (plot)
Pace & structure
Use of language
Narrative Voice
Dialogue
Settings
Themes & ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment