Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Unique post

Update:
...'How to build a castle in 7 easy steps' is here!
http://www.amazon.com/Build-Castle-Seven-Easy-Steps-ebook/dp/B00SOZYR6G
Get your copy now!


Yes! Another Update: This post is THE BIGGEST! More people have seen this post than had 'pig's cheese' on a 2nd Wednesday in a month of Sundays!
Okay, as of 17 January 2014...
'Dani's Shorts' and 'TDX2' are still available FREE here...(both with over 200 downloads)
https://www.smashwords.com/books/byseries/2766
All my other books are on Amazon :-)
http://www.amazon.com/Dani-J-Caile/e/B00CDX0HSM
Please review wherever you can :-)...nice ones, of course, I'm trying to get out of my life in obscurity.


There doesn't seem to be anything original out there, all clones or clones of clones.
And Booker said there were only 7 basic plots. And he's right.
I just read a few pages of a cloner, Amazon Kindle rating 21,000 or something, way above me, I'm in the millions, and it was shit. The writer knew nothing about deep POV, with repetitive grammatical structures and piss-weak dialogue...but he sells books! Because it's about vampires. (I've made 2 references of vampires in my latest, 'Manna-X', but they exist in my new one 'How to' - coming soon!)

My first book was just to see if I could put it all together..."Man by a tree". It worked. Then I remembered my dream of writing a Jesus story..."Bethlehem Fiasco". Then I wanted to say something about civilisation and which one is the best? Atlantis..."Rage of Atlantis". And now "Manna-X"...

But you know what? Everyone who's read my books from cover to cover say they are 'unique', some even think they are original, which I doubt.
Originality was dead well before Shakespeare (who incidently borrowed from others).
For myself, uniqueness is the one to go for. And the search for the perfect sentence. Still not many sales, though :-( A few in November, December, and also January, the year starts well...




No comments:

Post a Comment