Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

YouWriteOn.com

The first 5000 words of my 3rd book are on this website, YouWriteOn.com and I finally got my first review. After 8 reviews my book is rated with the others, and if it's in the Top 10 at the end of the month, then it gets reviewed by a top editor. It's a long shot but it's a little fairer than authonomy.com, the place of networks and friendly pats on the back for clones and tosh.
The 1st review....

Captivating
What a joy to read!
I found the story drawing me in right from the start until the final sentence. I always think with this genre, the most important thing is how believable the world is that the writer has created, and yours is very believable.
With regards to what you can work on - and I'm being picky here! It took a whole for me to be 100% sure which character was the dolphin! I know as writers we need to allow our readers to do some of the work and not explain everything to them, but maybe you need to make this just a little clearer. Also, there are a lot of characters that were difficult to keep track of at times and remember who was who. I love the different types of characters you have though, from the Atlanteans to the creatures picking their noses - your use of language and the imagery here was fantastic in setting the scene. I do like how you brought God into it as up there in his clean office, needing others to fill him in on what's going on. I hope as the story progresses you use more of this as it is a very good contrast to the world below.
Well done and good luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment