Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Anyone can meditate on a mountain

I always say that anyone can meditate on the top of a mountain. A lot of people don't get it.
And anyone can write when all they have to do is write. But can they really?
I think you need to DO life to write, and not sit in front of your computer and think "Now, what shall I write today?"
Yesterday, two of my family had a tiny tiny 2 line dialogue about something, and an idea INSTANTLY popped into my head. Here is the dialogue I wrote down.
Life gives these gems (at least I think they are) of human social exchange. It's little tiny bits of life which you need to catch and write down, and not copy from the classics or from another writer or movie. It's why I write, to share these things. Like when Billy Connolly was asking for directions in Glasgow, an old lady said "You know, I don't think you can get there from here." lol


"Is this okay?"
"It doesn't matter."
"Like this?"
"No, not like that."
"This?"
"No, turn it around. Yes. No. Like that."
"Like this?"
"Yes, that's better. Err..no, no, it's not."
"So, it doesn't matter?"
"No, no, it doesn't matter."
"Like this?"
"No, not like that! Oh, I'll do it."

(I added 1 word for another entry into Austin Briggs' competition this month (the word 'decide'), it'll be up to vote on soon hopefully...)

No comments:

Post a Comment