Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Romance Post

Yes, I know I do quirky sardonic comedy, but there was once a time when 'Man by a tree' was going to be a 'love story'...but as with 'serious literature', I couldn't pull it off, I either kept laughing at my own writing or vomiting. I read other authors' attempts at romance and I just can't keep a straight face. Knowing what's behind it...is the secret out? No. No one understands. Good. The illusion hasn't been broken yet. Shhh.
Anyway, there's a character in 'Man by a tree' called Sarah, and readers don't get her until...the end. There was a part of the book I cut out in the 'final' draft (if there is such a thing) about a 'romance' but it didn't fit the book, the story or the style.
In 'Bethlehem Fiasco' there was a friendship between Jesus and his 'old man' - yes, a phallic reference, but no relationship with Mary, sorry, the 'old man' has that - yes, ANOTHER phallic reference.
In 'Rage' there were many friendships, including one between Sipho and a female dolphin, Kang Dee, but no romance.
Now, in 'Manna-X', there's going to be a sort-of-relationship between Graham and Fiona...well, Fiona thinks there will be / might be...it's going to be interesting to write it...started and it can go any way...:-)
And THANKS for the 6000 views!!! This blog is getting anywhere from 20-120 views per day. May we go on to the big 10k :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment