Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

New Voting System for Austin Briggs 55-er

About early/mid March, I noticed in one day that every 55 word story went down by anything from 5 to 10 votes, making some 55 word stories -5, which is ludicrous. I don't particularly like a lot of the stories, in fact only a few, but I thought something fishy was going on.
I mentioned to Austin Briggs that something was going on, and he was trying to find out how to change it.
In the meantime, I stayed active, voting with my anonymous 1-vote-per-story, mostly 'thumbs-down' (it was my right to vote any way I liked).
Then the person who I thought had begun the 'dirty deed' accused ME of minusing down all the 55 word stories, as he thought I was using some infinite-IP address browser and he found out somehow that it was me. I researched this and there's no way anyone can find out someone's personal name from an IP address. I searched my own IP address and got the address of my internet supplier. Unless, of course, a hacker can get that type of info, therefore the accuser is a lot smarter than me at computers...get my drift?
Anyway, finally Austin Briggs changed the voting system. And then banned me from the site.
I have 2 April 55 word stories. Vote for both of them, if you want :-)
http://austinbriggs.com/flash-fiction-contest/what-if-he-was-right-manna-x-excerpt/
http://austinbriggs.com/flash-fiction-contest/in-the-night/

Both stories are excerpts from my new book 'Manna-X'...the draft is 95% finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment