Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Two more 5* reviews of 'Manna-X'


Wow, it's all happening, 2 more great reviews for 'Manna-X'. It's FREEEEEEEEEE again tomorrow as there's an interview (I'll send the link as soon as I have it)
I didn't even notice this review on Goodreads...thanks Dave! (now I know who bought it on the 8th :-)

 
Irreverent, Absurd, Great Fun.

Some of my religious friends might be offended by this book, but only if they lack a sense of humor. I found the book hilarious and at times thought provoking. Its hard to classify the story. It's a bit Sci-Fi, a bit Fantasy, a good dose of Parody and spiced with Silliness. There is a lot of dialog, almost like reading a play at times. On a few occasions I got lost and had to re-read a section because I read too quickly the first time. This isn't a criticism of the author as much as a warning to slow down and enjoy the story. 
 
And this one on Amazon! Thanks, James!
5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it!, August 25, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Manna-X (Kindle Edition)
As a `non-believer' I must say I rather enjoyed the tongue-in-cheek mocking of God, Moses and the like. I thoroughly enjoyed the author's take on certain `historical' events and must say that it reminded me in a way of `The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ' by Philip Pullman.
Overall, I enjoyed the book very much, and would recommend it highly to those of you who aren't easily offended when it comes to the true nature of their `faith' to give it a go.
The storyline of Graham's search for the manna machine works well and provides a good base for an entertaining read.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment