Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Jack Kerouac's birthday - 'Cerrada Medellin Blues' Dani J style

There was a nice 'Daily FLASh in ther Pan' in the Iron Writers Facebook group today, to commemorate Jack Kerouac's birthday.
The 'challenge' was to model a poem after Cerrada Medellin Blues....not a big poet but I tried.
Here it is :-)



Even though I had a sister
I always played alone
             just myself and me

Hunting in the corn
I tripped and hit my head
            & got home late
Broke my toe while walking back
Crept inside and went to bed
And nothing more was said
Never ever looked
                        ahead

DANI IN THE SHADOWS
            WAITING PATIENTLY

No comments:

Post a Comment