Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Big Leg Emma / Baby Snakes - Blogging from A to Z Challenge

In continuation of the "Blogging from A to Z Challenge", I think I've chosen Zappa as my theme :-)
With each of these 26 posts in April, I will write what the songs/albums/other means to me, personally. I love all of his work!


Today I'm choosing 2 songs...
"Big Leg Emma"
I used to sing this to my first born to get her to sleep, and found that I could do the 'scatting'. A few years after that, I was recorded singing it and it got on the end titles of an educational DVD. Nowadays, I irritate people, and especially the children at my school, by singing a very fast collection of certain vowel/consonant sounds :-)
Hear it here :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POakzJ7HyFQ

"Baby Snakes"
The same reason, really, I used to sing it, reaching the high notes, too. I loved to sing it, and again, much to the irritation of all :-)
Here's that great little stop motion clay animation :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzOpkdiChk

No comments:

Post a Comment