Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Monday, April 28, 2014

How I like to Show (show vs tell) + Dani's Shorts Reviews

Brian at TIW put up one of my 'articles' about writing, my 'show versus tell' piece. Go and have a read, you might find it interesting.
http://theironwriter.com/editing/show-vs-tell/

Yes, I finally got some reviews for 'Dani's Shorts' and 'Dani's Shorts 2' from Cinta Garcia de la Rosa, someone who I featured a month back for tweeting me...oh, oh dear...she gave a 4 star and a 3 star...my first 3 star review on Amazon :-( That hurts.
She says about 'Dani's Shorts 2'...
Second collection of stories featuring stories written for the Iron Writer Challenge. This second set of stories was a bit less enjoyable than the first one. Some of the stories weren't gripping or interesting enough and I found myself skipping pages. The writing is good, but the stories need more editing.  

Mmm...IMHO the second collection outshines the first, especially the 2nd half of the main challenges and all Weekend Quickies. The stories are based on or influenced by events / people in my life or even classics / media classics. Infact there's a definite family feel to the whole collection, getting deeper into my own psyche, so a '3' for these is like shooting me in the head.
The stories were also written within the Challenge parameters, and that includes the 4 day limit as well as the 4 elements, so editing does not come into it, it's not part of the writing challenge. Editing would be cheating.

If some of you don't come along and help me out by placing better reviews, I'm gonna hafta pull the 2 books from Amazon - for me this is negative exposure, something I really don't need at the moment. I only put them there because Smashwords has a smaller audience. Plus I don't get any downloads from Amazon, nor do I ask for any - these books are FREE on Smashwords. And if I want paperbacks, I go to Createspace. So, shall I pull them/ take them off Amazon?
Here's a link to 'Dani's Shorts 2', the worst 'hit'.
http://www.amazon.com/Danis-Shorts-2-Dani-Caile-ebook/dp/B00IHYKKG0

2 comments:

  1. Update: Thanks, Constance Anderson for the 4 star! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: Thanks Danielle for the 5 star and great review! 'Dani's Shorts 2' is back up to an average of 4 :-)

    ReplyDelete