Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Village of the Sun - Zappa (Blogging A-Z Challenge)



'Village of the Sun'...from "Roxy and Elsewhere", such great music and such a great song. I grew up (from 8 to 18) in an English place which meant "Sun village" in Roman. If Rednecks were an English thing, that village would be full of them...backward is the word. As you can see, I don't have a great opinion of the place where my teenage years were pulverised. I sang 'Plastic People' (the 'P' post) in one of the pubs...for money...they loved it...shame they didn't look in the mirror. I spent my next 10 years up the road in a place full of Pikeys...ouch...kept away from them...you know the film, "Snatch"? Brad Pitt? Didn't do them justice, really, Brad spoke too much.
Anyway, sidetracking...here is a GREAT version of "Village of the Sun"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHNBR3eG-0

1 comment:

  1. That's OK. Reading about your low opinion was interesting, and your comments are hilarious. I also hated where I few up - pulverized is a great word - so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete