Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weekend Quickie 30 - Who will take the Challenge?

Wrote up my latest Weekend Quickie in the style of a relay. I wonder who will move the story on?
See it here and the stories before and after on TIW website, or mine here...-)

A yellow scorpion scurried across the bonnet of the pink Mazda2, embarrassed as I was to find itself within 100 miles of its presence. Trust me to borrow my wife's car on a day like this. I'd seen the shiny topped bearded man in glasses smoking in his convertible at the 2 mile mark into Tijuana on Highway 2 a moment ago and I parked in the nearest layby. Was that the dead body of Carlos I'd seen in the back seat? Adjusting the fluffy pink framed rearview mirror, I saw the car some way back at the junction. It sat there like some big beige monster ready to change my life. But for good or bad? I knew what Carlos had been up to and how he felt such a bigshot since getting connected, and I knew what he'd carried out of the trailer this morning. I'd warned him but now it was all too late. Should I do something? If I were in my Ford truck, there'd be a shotgun under the seat. In this car, the most lethal thing I'd find would be haircurlers. What now? A Toyota Tundra drove by with speed back towards the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment