Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Looking back (5) - On the way up? Published!

The Iron Writer Challenge...http://theironwriter.com/
A phenomenon. 4 elements, 4 days to write. 4 writers give stories which are voted for. This challenge is HUGE when it comes to practising the art of writing. After the first 6 months, I'd won a few Challenges, got into Preliminary Round and knew some nice people. I wrote out each challenge and made a free collection of the stories...'Dani's Shorts'


While doing the challenge, I was spurred on to write another book, and this was 'Manna-X', probably the best piece of writing so far (other than what's to come)...

6 months later, with a lot of water under the bridge and many more nice people, fantastic reviews of 'Manna-X', 'Dani's Shorts 2' came out for free :-)

 By this time, I'd got myself into the Annual TIW Open, made a lot of friends...and now...
....2 short stories will be published in anthologies by someone other than myself, 'How to', a book I started mid-'Dani's Shorts 2' might be taken by the same publisher, and I'm working on a long-time-promised Brad Shaw detective novella called 'Torn' (Puncher is my next one...'Once in a Lifetime' had made me realise I can now do that one).
But first, the TIW Final tomorrow, for one week. Get your voting fingers ready....:-)

1 comment:

  1. Finger at the ready, Dani. Its brilliant that you have managed to come so far, and frankly, your writing deserves it. All the best, and May the Muse be with you!

    ReplyDelete