Email List

If you'd like to know about the latest promos, offers and publications, get on the email list by using the Contact Form on the sidebar. Thank you!

Saturday, November 28, 2015

WQ144 + update

The Firefly Magazine Issue 1 is out, and we're now working on Issue 2...Thanksgiving an' all...
Nothing much happening in the books, reviews and sales area...NONE, absolutely none...who is out there? Who are you? How do I get more of you to read my stuff? How do I get YOU to read stuff? I know you have....have you reviewed? Are you waiting for the one about the squirrel? ...I am...

I'm in the Iron Writer Challenge 137, in a week, it's a good story. I'll send a link... :-) Later...

...but now here's Weekend Quickie 144...
http://theironwriter.com/the-iron-writer-challenge-weekend-quickie-144

WQ144 – Elements: Black Friday, teamwork, describe something happening in slow motion

After a recon of the store before Black Friday weekend, we were ready when the doors opened on that fateful day. We all had our targets: my husband the sound system, my sister the TV and myself the Xbox. We left little Suzie with the babysitter and camped out at the main entrance. When the doors opened the teamwork began, the three of us dispersing through the store and crowd. Pushing past parents desperately searching for toys their children wanted, I ran for the aisle I knew my prize could be found. Turning the corner, I saw the shelves empty, shelves once full of Xbox Ones. My heart stopped and in complete despondency, I fainted in slow motion to the floor, my eyes passing each empty shelf as my face hit the cold, laminated floor. When I came to, I saw, kicked behind the bottom shelf, one beautiful Xbox...
...on Christmas day, Suzie stared at her presents and burst out crying.
"What's the matter, darling?" We had the TV screen that covered the living room wall, the 100W Surround Sound audio system and the sacred Xbox One with 10 fantastic games. What had we missed?
"I wanted a white one!"

















No comments:

Post a Comment